Ziprent does not own any of the properties it manages. As such, all repair requests must be approved by owners and owners pay for the repairs directly.The step by step process for any repair is as follows -
- Identification of Problem: Tenant reports the problem to our staff and may need to provide photos, videos, serial numbers, and dimensions (in case of appliances), we document and send it out to both tenant and owner.
- Source Bids: Ziprent sources bids from partners in the region
- Owner Approval: Owner must approve the bid before Ziprent can move forward with coordinating the work. Without an owner's approval, Ziprent can not move forward.
- Scheduling: Ziprent often puts tenant and vendor in touch to coordinate a time. If needed Ziprent gets involved to help out.
- Repair Verification: Ziprent reaches out to tenants to confirm the issue has been resolved before closing the repair and coordinating billing between vendor and tenant.
Given the above, depending on the work, the repair may take as little as the same day or several weeks to complete. Some quick examples below -
Appliance replacement: Oftentimes appliance replacement requires two repair inquiries as an appliance repair company will need to go out and assess the appliance and then an appliance needs to be ordered. Given that both work orders require owner approval, Often times, it may take a week or longer to initiate a new appliance order and given the availability of the specific size, model, etc. of the appliance at major retailers, delivery may be weeks out.
Pest Control: As pest control is a multi step process, we want to make sure tenants are aware of the steps involved in eradicating pests from the premises. In conformance with the above procedure, owners must approve a pest company bid which will include:
- Exclusion: Blocking off of all entrances and exits into the building.
- Eradication/Removal: Biweekly or Monthly visits to catch and release and set new traps
While the initial approval may be quick pending Owner response times, the entire process may take months and is dependent on the number of pests, the location of pests, building setup, etc.
Home Warranty: Some Ziprent owners have home warranty policies which means that all requests must go through home warranty. Home warranty companies often assign a vendor to repair the issue after it’s been identified. Depending on the size of repair and the vendor assigned, there may be further delays in the repair being completed as larger repairs will need home warranty approval and vendors assigned by home warranty often bookout weeks in advance.